Genesis is an independent, community-based charity providing a quality, low-cost psychotherapy service to the community of Dublin 15 since 1993.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE IS OPEN TO PEOPLE WHO EITHER LIVE OR WORK IN THE DUBLIN 15 AREA ONLY
Information regarding COVID-19
Genesis strives to provide a safe environment for both our staff and clients in Genesis during these difficult times. We are continuing to provide a face-to-face service alongside online and telephone support. The standard therapy rooms in Genesis are big enough to allow the recommended social distancing space of 2 metres between therapist and client as long as there are no more than 2 clients in the room so this allows us to provide both individual and couples therapy in these rooms. We also have a bigger room which allows us to provide therapy to families of more than 2 people.
A regular cleaning regime has been implemented on our premises and we have made hand sanitiser available at different locations in the building. We ask both our staff and our clients to sanitise their hands on both entering and leaving the building and to continue to follow social distancing guidelines while on the premises.
ATTENDING GENESIS FOR FACE-TO-FACE THERAPY
- Please follow the government social distancing guidelines while on the premises
- Please sanitise your hands when entering and leaving the premises.
- We would ask clients who have a face-to-face appointment to strictly adhere to their appointment times. Clients who arrive early may be asked to wait outside and clients who arrive late will have to stick to their appointment end time regardless of the appointment duration.
- We also ask anybody accompanying a client who is attending our service to please wait outside the premises for the duration of the appointment and not to wait in our waiting area.
- Some of our therapists may ask you to wear a visor for the duration of the appointment. We have visors available for clients who don’t have one on arrival.
- We still accept cash payments but also have a facility to pay by card on the premises or to pay by card through a weblink.
If any of the HSE guidelines below are applicable to you, we would ask that you not attend Genesis and to call our office at 01 820 2764:
- Please follow the advice on the HSE website: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/restricted-movements/how-to-self-isolate/
- Are you under a doctor or contact tracer’s advice to self-isolate at this time?
- Have you had a COVID-19 test in the last 14 days?
- Are you a close contact of a confirmed case of coronavirus or the close contact of someone who is awaiting the result of a test? Please note that this does not apply if you are fully vaccinated.
- Do you live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus? Please note that this does not apply if you are fully vaccinated.
Genesis provides a quality, low-cost psychotherapy service to the community of Dublin 15. We provide this service to individuals, couples, families, adolescents and children. Some of the concerns we deal with include depression, anxiety, bereavement, anger, trauma, abuse, relationships, child/adolescent issues and eating disorders to name but a few.
The confidentiality of client information is a central and integral part of the work we do at Genesis. The Genesis Team understands that confidentiality is paramount to ensuring that our clients feel safe and comfortable attending our service.
The psychotherapists in Genesis have qualified in systemic family therapy, individual psychotherapy or child/play therapy.
What We Do
Psychotherapy involves talking about your concerns with a professionally qualified person who is trained to listen and to assist you to make sense of difficulties or concerns.
How We Work
We accept people based in the Dublin 15 area. Our therapy centre is open on a daytime and evening basis. Please contact us directly on 01 820 2764 to make an appointment.
We are a low-cost service. We operate a sliding-scale fee structure based on your ability to pay.